Thursday, August 30, 2012

Casting the Vision


Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarokaatuh.

These are the Arabic words I used to begin a presentation to a group of government officials last Tuesday.  The words convey warmth and spirituality as they express not just a greeting, but also a blessing.

The meeting gave me a chance to present the vision of building a foreign-owned factory that can facilitate the adoption of fruit-drying in the area, potentially creating thousands of jobs.  I was pleasantly surprised that a meeting that often concludes after an hour, continued with a long string of questions for three hours.  As we carry out to bolster economic development, I find that our model generates engaging discussions and bolsters our influence in the area.

If you can speak Indonesian and want to know how I explain our work in that language, check out this video



If you just want to see what I look like in a Batik, you can stop the video after a minute or so!  Leave a comment if you like my look!


No comments:

Post a Comment